Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science on Contemporary Logic, Rationality and Information (SPLogic)
Call for Applications:
100 grants - “Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science on Contemporary Logic, Rationality and Information” at CLE/Unicamp, Brazil
Due to the measures taken regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, the Organizing and Advisory Committees decided to postpone the realization of the São Paulo School of Advanced Science on Logic, Rationality, and Information – SPLogIC.
As soon as academic activities return to normality, a new date for the realization of the School will be determined, and the names of the selected students and additional information will be disclosed.
Important deadlines & procedures:
- Applications from January 15th to February 22th, 2020
- Notification of acceptance till March 23th, 2020
- Fast application track: https://splogic.org/call-for-entries/
- For further info: email@example.com
We are delighted to inform that the “Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science on Contemporary Logic, Rationality and Information – SPLogiC”, promoted by the Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science (CLE) of the University of Campinas (Unicamp),Brazil, will be held at Unicamp from July 13th to 24th, 2020.
The School, funded by Sao Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP), celebrates the 90th anniversary of Newton da Costa and aims at:
- Providing an overview of the state-of-art methodology and research on contemporary logic (featuring non-classical logics), rationality and information
- Attracting qualified candidates to work on research institutions in the State of São Paulo.
The program comprises 9 courses and 9 plenary talks delivered in English by experts in each topic, as well as oral presentations (LED Talks) and poster sessions by the students.
Topics to be covered include:
• History and Philosophy of Paraconsistent Logics
• The Australian, Belgian Brazilian,and Israeli schools on paraconsistency
• Logic and Reasoning
• Logic and Information
• Logic and Argumentation
• Methodological aspects on interpreting, translating and combining logics
• Logic, Probabiity and Artificial Intelligence.
The event will select 100 fully-funded participants (50 grantees from all states of Brazil and 50 international grantees). Funding includes airfare, medical insurance, accommodation and meals throughout the two weeks.
Undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows (up to 5 years after completion of the Ph.D) from all countries are encouraged to apply.
For additional information visit the WebSite: https://splogic.org
We look forward to receiving you!
Itala M. Loffredo D’Ottaviano, Coordinator
Walter Carnielli, Advisory Committee Chair
Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science and
University of Campinas –UNICAMP
13083-859 Campinas -SP, Brazil